Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Organized and ready to go

Well I have spent almost every waking moment over the past week and a half obsessing about my organization for "Briena's school." After muliple trips to The Lakeshore Learning Store and The Container Store I think I'm finally done. I know none of this matters to her but I can't function unless I have everything in it's place and organized. (And yes each drawer has divided sections for separation of supplies. I know, it's OK to laugh.) I also felt the "need" to get what I call "education essentials." Briena is very interested in all the new stuff. During this process I have been working on teaching her about not touching without asking permission. She's doing pretty good but still gets into things occaisionally.

I went in the kitchen this evening to pick up some toys and found Briena had gotten into the Pom-Poms, or what she calls "fuzzy balls." She placed some in each of the paint containers that were on the easel. It almost looked like she was sorting by color. It was so funny I had to laugh. I'm glad she had already gone to bed so she didn't know I thought it was funny.
I had to change my plan on the curriculum. I still plan to start in July but I will use the Itty Bitty Bookworm September curriculum calendar instead of July. I thought I needed to start with the current month but after reviewing the material July was towards the end of the school year and they were doing review. September is the beginning of the school year and I wanted to start from the beginning. This meant I had to buy different books and order the September lessons which set me back a bit but we'll make it on time. Since I am going to be doing this part-time, I can't do ALL the activities. I have to pick and choose without missing the monthly objectives for each long term goal. I'm working on a calendar to keep me on track and help me organize all the activities so that they build and correlate with one another. Once I get my calendar completed for the month of July, I will post it.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome I can't wait to hear all about it! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete